Windows 7 Enterprise
Microsoft, after XP has a major release in the name of Windows 7. Microsoft has continued to craft with Windows 7 and has come up with six different version. According to Microsoft Windows General Manager Mike Ybarra there are about one billion Microsoft user and it is very hard to satisfy all of them with one version. Every customer has his/her own needs and to satisfy all of them there is a need to craft Windows 7 into different versions. Among the six versions that Windows 7 has come up with Windows 7 Enterprise is one of them. Personally I prefer Windows 7 Ultimate which is best.
Windows 7 Enterprise is available for businesses through volume licensing. It is equipped with all the features of Windows 7 Professional plus more emphasis on security and networking features. Windows 7 Enterprise has lots of ore features that differentiate it from other versions. Windows 7 Enterprise is equipped with BitLocker that will encrypt data on internal and external drives. Windows 7 Professional is another choice for PC users.
DirectAccess is another feature that has been included in this version by which you can connect to a corporate network without any VPN. AppLocker is another cool feature which will prevent unauthorized software from running. BranchCache is also there that can be used for speeding up the accessing process of large files.
On a conclusive note we can say that Windows 7 Enterprise is the version which addresses corporate world and large businesses. With all the features of Professional edition and more security plus networking option Windows 7 Enterprise is surely the one to catch up.
Features of Windows 7 Enterprise
Below are some noticeable features which you’ll experience after Windows 7 Enterprise.
- Addresses the corporate world.
- More emphasis on security and networking.
- BitLocker included for encrypting internal and external drives.
- Direct Access feature supported for connecting corporate world without any VPN.
- AppLocker for preventing unauthorized applications to run on your system.
- BrancCache for speeding up accessing process of large files.
System Requirements For Windows 7 Enterprise
Before you start Windows 7 Enterprise, make sure your PC meets minimum system requirements.
- Memory (RAM): 2GB of RAM required.
- Hard Disk Space: 16GB of free space required.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel Pentium Processor.